Coupling processes between self-oscillation of formation pressure and periodic migration-accumulation of natural gases in Yinggehai Basin, South China Sea
- 35 Downloads
The modeling of formation pressure in Yinggehai shows that DF1-1 diapir has oscilla-torily released thermal fluids twice since 5.0 Ma, which may be controlled by the multi-structural subsidences and their accompanying thermal events. Using thermal indicators of formation temperature by DST, I/S mixed clay minerals, homogeneous temperature of inorganic fluid inclusion and δ13C of methane to trace the thermal fluid migrating order and path, we found that there are two orders of natural gas migration-accumulation in the upper site over the top of the overpressured compartment. Based on the oscillatory development of formation pressure, we postulate there would exist earlier (before 5.0 Ma) gas accumulation in their deeper site.
KeywordsYinggehai basin modeling of formation pressure self-oscillation migration-accumulation site
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Hunt, J. M., Whelan, J. K., Gas generation-a major cause of deep Gulf Coast overpressures, Exploration, 1994, 59.Google Scholar
- 4.Bradely, J. S., Abnormal formation pressure, Reply: AAPG Bulletin, 1975, 60(7): 1127.Google Scholar
- 5.Bradely, J. S., Powley, D. E., Pressure compartments in sedimentary basins: a review: Basin Compartments and Seals, AAPG Memoir 61 ((ed. Ortoleva, P. J.), Tulsa: AAPG, 1994, 3–26.Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, W., Ghaith, A., Park, A. et al., Diagenesis through coupled processes: modeling approach, self-orgamization, and implication for exploration: Prediction of Reservoir Quality Through Chemical Modeling, AAPG Memoir 49 ((eds. Meshri I. D., Ortoleva, P. J.), Tulsa: AAPG, 1990, 103–130.Google Scholar
- 7.Kuokalov, The auto-oscillatory model for hydrocarbon oil generation, Translation of Oil & Gas Geology (in Russian), 1992, 19(2): 90.Google Scholar
- 8.Chen Honghan, Sun Yongchuan, Zhang Qiming et al., Unique burial history of Ying-Qiong basins, China Offshore Oil & Gas (Geology) (in Chinese), 1994, 8(5): 329.Google Scholar
- 9.Hunt, J. M., Generation and migration of petroleum from abnormally pressure fluid compartments, AAPG Bulletin, 1992, 74(1): 1.Google Scholar
- 10.Chen Honghan, Sun Yongchua, Li Sitian, Coupling dynamic model of overpressure and fracturing of rocks in sedimentary basins, Geological Science and Technology Information (in Chinese), 1994, 13(4): 64.Google Scholar