Landuse/landcover changes in Zhangye oasis of Hexi Corridor
Taking two false color composite Landsat 5 TM (Thematic Mapper) images of band 4,3,2 taken in 1995 and 2000 as data resources, this paper carried out study on LUCC of Zhangye oasis in recent five years by interpretation according to land resources classification system of 1:100,000 Resources and Environmental Database of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. The results show that great changes have taken place in landuse/landcover in Zhangye oasis since 1995: (1) Changes of landuse structure show that cropland and land for urban construction and built-up area increased, on the contrary, water area and grassland decreased. These changes reflect the deterioration of eco-environment and the acceleration of urbanization, and also indicate the problems existing in the arrangement of water and land resources between the upper and lower reaches of the Heihe River. (2) Regional differences of landuse/landcover are evident, characterized by following aspects: in Sunan County located in Qilian Mountain area, unused land and grassland decreased, but cropland and land for urban construction and built-up area increased. In Minle and Shandan counties located in foothills, unused land, water area and cropland decreased, but grassland and land for urban construction and built-up area increased. In Zhangye City, Linze County and Gaotai County located in plain area of the middle reaches of the Heihe River, unused land, water area and grassland decreased, while woodland, cropland and land for urban construction and built-up area increased.
Key wordslanduse/landcover changes (LUCC) Zhangye oasis Hexi Corridor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Turner B L, II Clark W C, Kates R Wet al. (eds.), 1990. The Earth as Transformed by Human Action: Global and Regional Changes in the Biosphere over the Past 300 Years. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Cai Yunlong, 2001. Study on landuse/landcover changes: searching for new approach to integration.Geographical Research, 20(6): 645–652. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- He Chunyang, Shi Peijunet al., 2001. Study on Landuse/Landcover Changes in Beijing.Geographical Research, 20(6): 679–687. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Leng Shuying, Wang Naianget al., 2000. Evaluation and approaches of sustainable development in arid oasis region: taking Hexi Corridor as a case. In: Study on Global Changes and Regional Responses. Beijing: People’s Education Press, 375–407. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Long Hualou, Li Xiubin, 2001. Land use pattern in transect of the Yangtse River and its influential factors.Acta Geographica Sinica, 56(4): 417–425. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Meng Jijun, 1998. Water resource: the key to ecological balance of oases.Resources Science, 20(6): 8–14. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Meng Jijun, Long Hualouet al., 1999. Analysis on structure and function of agro-economic system in oasis: taking Zhangye oasis as a case.Chinese Journal of Applied Ecology, 10(1): 213–217. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhu Huiyi, Li Xiubin, He Shujinet al., 2001. Spatial and temporal analysis of landuse change in Bohai Rim.Acta Geographica Sinica, 56(3): 253–260. (in Chinese)Google Scholar