On the elimination of DC in reconstructed wavefronts from in-line holograms
- 44 Downloads
New experimental results to demonstrate that the annoying DC in the reconstructed wavefronts from in-line holograms could be successfully eliminated are presented in this paper. The complete elimination of DC has been achieved by making proper use of a Mach-Zehnder interferometer. The results for an in-line hololens and an in-line Fourier transform hologram are discussed.
KeywordsIn-line hologram DC hololens fourier transform hologram Mach-Zehnder interferometer positive and negative hologram
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barrett H H, Stoner W W, Wilson D T and De Meester G D 1974Opt. Eng. 13 539Google Scholar
- Collier R J, Burckhardt C B and Lin L H 1971Optical Holography (New York: Academic Press)Google Scholar
- Gabor D 1967J. Opt. Soc. Am. 57 562Google Scholar
- Manjunath H R 1976Some studies with hololens Optical spatial frequency processing system MS Thesis, Indian Institute of Science, BangaloreGoogle Scholar
- Rousseau M and Mathieu J P 1973Problems in Optics English Transl. J W Blaker (New York: Pergamon Press) p. 152Google Scholar
- Schmahl G and Rudolph D 1976Progress in Optics ed. Emil Wolf (Amsterdam: North Holland) Vol. 14, p. 197Google Scholar
- Tipton M D, Dowdey J E, Bonte F J and Caulfield H J 1974Radiology 112 155Google Scholar
- Urbach J C 1965Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 4 Suppl. 1 208Google Scholar