Yerba de la fleche—Arrow and fish poison of the American southwest
- 41 Downloads
Analysis and toxicity tests of the latex obtainable from this shrub, previously not reported, are presented here.
KeywordsSaponin Economic Botany Natural Rubber Strychnos Fish Poison
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Fröhlich, Alfred. Observation on Munchi arrow poison. Jour. Physiol.32: 319. 1905.Google Scholar
- 4.Goodding, L. N. Notes on native and exotic plants with special reference to their value in the soil conservation program. U. S. Dept. Soil Conserv., Albuquerque, N. M. 100. 1938.Google Scholar
- 5.Kearney, T. H., and Peebles, R. H. Flowering plants and ferns of Arizona. U. S. Govt. Print. Off. p. 534. 1942.Google Scholar
- 6.Lewin, L. Die Pfeil Gifte. pp. 46, 470. 1923.Google Scholar
- 7.Safford, W. E. Narcotic plants of native Americans. Smithson. Inst., Ann. Rep. 1916: 387–425.Google Scholar
- 8.Standley, Paul C. Trees and shrubs of Mexico. U. S. Nat. Mus.23: 652. 1920–1926.Google Scholar
- 9.Watson, S. Contributions to American botany. Am. Acad. Arts and Sciences. Proc.20: 374. 1884–85.Google Scholar
- 10.-. Pax Pflanzenreich IV, 147, 153, 221, 1912.Google Scholar
© The New York Botanical Garden 1956