This material, now being produced commercially in Puerto Rico, has value as a mulching, rooting, soilconditioning and seed-germinating medium.
KeywordsCoir Coconut Fiber Mulch Material Sandy Clay Soil Irregularly Shaped Particle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cooke, F.C. Investigations on coconuts and coconut products. Straits Settlements & Federated Malay States, Dept. Agr., Gen. Ser. 8, p. 11. 1932.Google Scholar
- 2.Hageman, E.H. [Unpublished data].Google Scholar
- 3.Joachim, A.W.B. The manurial value and decomposability of coconut fiber dust. Trop. Agr. (Ceylon) 73: 272–273. 1929.Google Scholar
- 4.MacMillan, H.F. Tropical planting and gardening. 4th ed. 560 pp. 1935.Google Scholar
- 5.Smith, R. M. et al. [Unpublished data].Google Scholar
- 6.Wilcox, E. V. Tropical agriculture. 372 pp. 1916.Google Scholar