Measurement and comparison of glycyrrhizic acid contents in root of licorice (Glycyrrhiza uralensis Fisch.) from different cultivating areas
- 186 Downloads
The samples of licorice (Glycyrrhiza uralensis Fisch.) from 14 different cultivated areas were determined by the method of high Performance Capillary Electrophoresis (HPCE) for the contents of glycyrrihizic acid (GA) in root. The results showed that the licorice plants come from various cultivated areas of China has different contents of GA. The GA content of licorice from Zhaodong in Heilongjiang Province is the highest, followed by those from E’tuoke, Chifeng, and Hangjin Banner in Inner Mongolia. Some suggestions for establishing the production base of licorice were put forward based on the study.
Key wordsGlycyrrhizic acid High performance capillary electrophoresis (HPCE) Glycyrrhiza uralensis Fisch
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fu Kezhi. 1989. On the transforming of Chinese licorice from wild growing into domestication [M]. Harbin: Northeast Forestry University Press, 1–73.Google Scholar
- Liu Qin and Liu Yonglong. 1989. Study on chemical component ofGlycyrrhiza Korshinskyi G. Hrig [J]. Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica,24(7): 525–531.Google Scholar
- Lv Jinying, Ren Yongxia and Guo Yupin. 1999. Exploitation and Utilization of Wild Plant Resources in Northwestern Hebei Province [J]. Pratacultural Science,16(2): 2–5.Google Scholar
- Liang Dongsheng and Ji Songgang. 1998. Separation and Determination of Glycyrrhetinic Acid in Zhikeheji by High Performance Capillary Electrophoresis [J]. The Journal of Capillary Electrophoresis [J]. The Journal of Pharmaceutical Practice,16(4): 235–236.Google Scholar
- Peng Jun, Wang Fu and Zhu Minghua. 1999. Determination of Glycyrrhizic Acid in Glycyrrhiza Preparations with Capillary Electrophoresis and High Performance Liquid Chromatography [J]. Chinese Journal of Chromatography,17(1): 90–92.Google Scholar
- Rui Xuezhong. 1997. Cause of Grassland Degeneration and its Improvement Mesures in Lingwu [J]. Pratacultural Science,14(6): 5–7.Google Scholar
- Sun Zhizhong, Hao Wenhui and Yu Xiuli. 2000. A comparative study on the contents od Glycyrhiza acid inGlycyrrhiza uralensis Fisch. from four areas by Thin-layer Colorimetry [J]. Journal of natural of Heilongjiang University,17(3): 69–70.Google Scholar
- Wang Li and Li Jiaheng. 1999. Technical system of artificial cultivatingGlycyrrhiza Uralensis Fisch. in northwest region [J]. Scientia silvae sinicae,35(1): 129–132.Google Scholar
- Yu Linqing, He Maotai and Wang Zhaolan. 1999. Study on Techniques for Rapid Propagation of Licorice (Glycyrrhiza uralensis Fisch.) by Tissue Culture. Grassland of China, (1): 12–14,18.Google Scholar
- Yin Cha and Wu Yutian. 1999. Determination of Chlorogenic Acid, Glycyrrhizin and Glycyrrhetinic Acid in Yinqiaojiedupian by High Performance Capillary Electrophoresis [J]. Chinese Journal of Chromatography,17(2): 193–195.Google Scholar
- Zu Yuangang, Li Haiying and Pei Yi. 2001. Analysis the glycyrrihizn acid content inGlycyrrhiza Uralensis Fisch. by capillary electrophoresis [J]. Bulletin of botanical research,21(3): 424–427.Google Scholar