Modeling quantum transport in nanoscale vertical SOI nMOSFET
- 28 Downloads
The electron transports in micro-architecture semiconductor are simulated using vertical SOI nMOSFET with different models. Some details in transport can be presented by changing channel length, channel thickness and drain voltage. An interesting phenomenon similar to collimation effect in mesoscopic system is observed. This may suggest the quite intriguing possibility that scattering may open new channel in sufficiently narrow devices.
Key wordssemiconductor MOSFET transport mesoscopic system
CLC numberTN 303 TN 304
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Xia Jian-bai.Current Semiconductor Physics. Beijing: Peking University Press, 2000 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Warner R M, Grung B L.Semiconductor-Device Electronics. Beijing: Publishing House of Electronics Industry, 2002.Google Scholar
- Kim Deug Yong, Kim Chang Sub. Nonlinear Electrical Transport in Semiconductors: a Nonequilibrium Thermodynamics Approach.Journal of the Korean Physical Society, 1999,34:S310-S314.Google Scholar
- Ren Zhi-bin. Nanoscale Mosfets: Physics, Simulation and Design [Ph. D. candidate]. West Lafayette: Institute for Nanoelectronics and Computing of Purdue University, 2001.Google Scholar
- Nasri Sulaiman, Peter Ashburm. Feasibility Study on Vertical CMOS Gates.Proceedings of the 2000 International Workshop on Component-Based Software Engineering Held in Conjunction with the 22nd International Conference on Soft-ware Engineering, ICSE2000. Limerick: Ireland, 2000. 192–195.Google Scholar
- Park J T, Colinge C A, Colinge J P. Comparison of Gate structures for Short-Channel SOI MOSFETs. 2001.IEEE International SOI Conference. New York: IEEE Press. 2001. 115–116.Google Scholar