Diffraction from a quasi-crystalline chain
- 41 Downloads
We present a general formalism for diffraction from a one-dimensional quasicrystal with arbitrary length scales and sequences. The notion of sub-quasi-lattices is introduced and the effect of different basis on different sites is studied. The relevance of this work for the study of vibrational and electronic spectra of the chain is discussed.
KeywordsDiffraction quasi-crystal sub-quasi-lattices vibrational spectra electronic spectra
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chattopadhyay K, Lele S, Ranganathan S, Subbanna G N and Thangaraj N 1985Curr. Sci. 54 895Google Scholar
- de Bruijn N G 1981Ned. Akad. Weten. Proc. Ser. A43 39, 53Google Scholar
- Elser V 1985a AT and T Bell Laboratories PreprintGoogle Scholar
- Elser V 1985b AT and T Bell Laboratories PreprintGoogle Scholar
- Kittel C 1971Introduction to solid state physics (New Delhi: Wiley Eastern Private Limited)Google Scholar
- Kumar V, Sahoo D and Athithan G 1985 to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- Zia R K P and Dallas W J 1985J. Phys. A18 L-341Google Scholar