Comparison of food compositon of clupeid fishes in the Bohai Sea
- 29 Downloads
Analysis of stomach contents of samples of clupeid fishes (Japanese anchovy, half-fin anchovy, zunas' scaled sardine, rednosed glassnose and tapertail anchovy) collected from the catches of a 1982–1984 fishery resource survey showed they are zooplanktonivorous. Similar food groups, such as copepoda. Chaetognatha, Amphipoda and Mysidacea were found in the stomach. Dietary similarity coefficients were studied to evaluate the degree of similarity in the dietary species-pairs. Seasonal variation is discussed.
Key wordsclupeid fishes food composition comparison
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bai Xue and Wang Weixing, 1986. Measurement of the individual weight of plankton in the Bohai Sea and Yellow Sea.Fishery Sciences 3(2): 142–149. (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Deng Jingyao, Meng Tianxiang, Ren Shengmin, et al., 1988. Species composition, abundance and distribution of fishes in the Bohai Sea.Marine Fishery Research 9: 11–89. (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Li Jun, 1990. The food chain structure of Japanese spanish mackerel in the Bohai Sea.Studia Marina Sinica 31: 93–107. (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Yang Jiming and Zheng Yan, 1962. Seasonal change of feeding habits and food composition of large yellow croacker in Zhejiang and Jiangsu coastal area.Studia Marina Sinica 2: 14–31. (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Yang Jiming and Lin Jingqi, 1966. Feeding habit of chub mackerel in Yantai and the adjacent coastal area.In: Collected Papers of The Seventh Conference of West Pacific Fishery Research Committee. Science Press, Beijing pp.10–25. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Yang Jiming, 1984. Fish biomass estimates at the bottom layer of the Bohai Sea in July, 1982 and their methods.Kexue Tongbao 29:(5) 683–687.Google Scholar
- Zheng Yan and Yang Jiming, 1965. Feeding habits of larva and juvenile of large yellow croacker in Zhejiang coastal area.Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica 7(4): 335–352. (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar