A three-dimensional coastal barotropic model in generalized curvilinear grids
- 30 Downloads
The method of automatically generating generalized curvilinear meshes has many advantages and is beginning to be used in ocean simulations. This three-dimensional (3-D) coastal barotropic model in generalized curvilinear grids was developed to simulate theM 2,S 2,K 1 andO 1 tidal waves in the Bohai Sea, China. The numerical results agreeing with observations showed that the method is an effective tool for improving accuracy of simulations in shallow shelf seas, especially in the near coast region, if the pseudo effect there usually caused by rectangular grids can be removed.
Key wordsthree-dimensions barotropic model curvilinear grids Bohai Sea
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Androsov, A. A., Vol’tzinger, N. E., Liberman, Y. M., 1997. A two-dimensional tidal model of the Barents Sea.Oceanology 37(1): 16–22.Google Scholar
- Brackbill, J. U., Saltzman, J. S., 1982. Adaptive zoning for singular problems in two dimensions.J. Comput. Phys. 15: 229–319.Google Scholar
- Dou, Z. X., Yang, L. W., Ozer, J., 1993. A three-dimensional model for simulation of tide and tidal currents in the Bohai Sea,Acta Oceano. Sinica. 15(5): 1–15.Google Scholar
- Fang, G. H., Ichiyc, T., 1983. On the vertical structure of tidal currents in a homogeneous sea.Geophys. J. Roy. Astr. Soc. 73:65–78.Google Scholar
- Fang, G. H., Yang, J. F., 1985. A two-dimensional model for simulation of tide in the Bohai Sea,Chin. J. Oceanol. Limnol. 16(4): 377–346.Google Scholar
- Huang, Z. K., 1991. Tidal waves in the Bohai Sea and their variations.J. Ocean Univer. Qingdao 21(2): 1–11.Google Scholar
- Huang, D. J., Cheng, Z. Y., Su, J. R., 1996. The application of 3D shelf sea model in the Bohai Sea.Acta. Oceano. Sinica. 18(5): 1–13.Google Scholar
- Liu, Z., Zeng, Q. C., Li, R. F., 1995. The application of energy-conservative adaptive mesh model in the computation of monthly mean currents of the South China Sea.J. Atmos. Sci. 19(1): 40–51.Google Scholar
- Shi, F. Y., 1995. On moving boundary numerical models of coastal sea dynamics. Ph. D. thesis of Ocean University of Qingdao, 105p.Google Scholar
- Sun, Y. L., Chen, S. J., Zhao, K. S., 1990. A three-dimensional barolinic model of coastal water. I. Numerical simulation of tidal model and residual currents in the Bohai Sea.J. Ocean Univ. Qingdao. 20(3): 145–158.Google Scholar