Study of the factors affecting the abundance of organic matter in Jurassic carbonate rocks in Qiangtang Basin, Tibet
Field and laboratory analyses of carbonate rock samples from the Qiangtang Basin, Tibet, indicate that carbonate source rocks are mainly developed in the Middle Jurassic Xiali Formation and Upper Jurassic Suowa Formation. Comprehensive studies showed that the Suowa Formation carbonate source rocks have a favorable hydrocarbon-generating potential. The abundance of organic matter in the carbonate rocks is controlled mainly by sedimentary environment and inorganic compounds in the rocks, which is higher in the restricted platform facies than in the open platform facies. Organic carbon contents decrease with increasing CaO contents in the source rocks.
Key wordsQiangtang Basin Jurassic carbonate rock organic-carbon content sedi-mentary environment inorganic compound
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cheng Kerning, Wang Zhaoyun, Zhong Ningning, Hao Shisheng, Wang Benshan, and Zhang Aiyun, 1996, Practice and theory concerning hydrocarbon-generation in carbonate source rocks [M]: Beijing, Petroleum Industry Press, 335p. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Fu Jiamo, Jia Rongfen, Liu Dehan, and Shi Jixi, 1989, Organic geochemistry of carbonate rocks [M]: Beijing, Technology Press, 203p. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Hao Shisheng, Zhang Youcheng, Gang Wenzhe, Lin Yuxiang, Chen Zengzhi, Gao Yaobin, and Zhu Lei, 1996, Hydrocarbon-generating potential of carbonate source rocks [M]: Beijing, Petroleum Industry Press, 118p. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Hu Mingyi, Gong Wenping, Wen Zhigang, Xiao Chuantiao, Yao Zhengdao, and Zhang Shangfeng, 2000, Petroleum geological characteristics and oil-prospect evaluation of the Triassic and Jurassic in the Qiangtang Basin, Tibet [J]: Petroleum Experimental Geology, v. 22, p. 245–249 (in Chinese with English abstract).Google Scholar
- Yi Jizheng, Deng Guanghui, and Zhang Xiufu, 1996, Forming conditions of oils and gases in the Qiangtang Basin, northern Tibet [J]: Earth Science, v. 21, p. 141–146 (in Chinese with English abstract).Google Scholar
- Zhao Zhengzhang, Li Yongtie, Guo Zujun, and Ye Hefei, 1997, Petroleum exploration prospects on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau [J]: Explorer, v. 2, p. 14–16 (in Chinese with English abstract).Google Scholar
- Zhong Ningning and Qing Yong, 1995, Organic petrology of carbonate-macerals, cause, evolution and relation with oil [M]: Beijing, Technology Press, 196p. (in Chinese)Google Scholar