Complex dynamics of atomic clusters
- 16 Downloads
Potential energy fluctuations in small atomic clusters have long-ranged temporal correlations, which lead to l/f noise in the power spectra. The relaxation dynamics in clusters has a hierarchical organization, resulting from different processes at the surface and core. A cellular dynamical model is proposed to understand the origin of such fluctuations.
KeywordsAtomic clusters multiple relaxations 1/f noise
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Allen M P and Tildesley D J 1987Computer simulation of liquids (Oxford: Clarendon)Google Scholar
- Bak P, Tang C and Weisenfeld K 1988Phys. Rev. A38 364Google Scholar
- Berry R S, Jellinek J and Natanson G N 1984Phys. Rev. A30 919Google Scholar
- Catlow C R A, Parker S C and Allen M P 1990Computer Modeling of fluids, polymers and solids (Kluwer Academic Publishers)Google Scholar
- Heermann D W 1990Computer simulation methods in theoretical physics (Berlin: Springer-Verlag)Google Scholar
- Hwa T and Kardar M 1992Phys. Rev. A45 7002Google Scholar
- Press W H, Flannery B P, Teukolsky S A and Vetterling W T 1988Numerical recipes (Cambridge: University Press)Google Scholar
- Sceats M G and Rice S A 1982 inWater, a comprehensive treatise, (ed.) F Franks, (New York: Plenum) vol. 7, p. 13Google Scholar
- Schmidt R, Lutz H O and Dreizier R 1992Nuclear physics concepts in the study of atomic clusters (Berlin: Springer Verlag)Google Scholar
- Stillinger F H and Weber T A 1982Phys. Rev. A25 978Google Scholar
- Sugano S 1991Microcluster physics (Berlin: Springer-Verlag)Google Scholar