One-pot, three-component, sequential Michael-Michael-ring-closure reactions. Annulation of meta-dicarboxylated aromatic rings. Total synthesis of juncunol
The preparative value of one-pot, multicomponent, sequential Michael-Michael-ring-closure reactions followed by aromatization is illustrated in two ways: (1) by a multi-gram example, and (2) by a total synthesis of juncunol, an unusual vinyldihydrophenanthrene.
KeywordsSequential Michael-Michael-ring-closure reactions one-pot reactions benzannulations juncunol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bhattacharyya J and Miles D H 1977Tetrahedron Lett.2749Google Scholar
- Carvalho C F and Sargent M V 1984J. Chem. Soc, Perkin I 1913Google Scholar
- Cossey A L, Gunter M J and Mander L N 1980Tetrahedron Lett. 3309Google Scholar
- Dieter R K and Lin Y J 1985Tetrahedron Lett. 39Google Scholar
- Martin R H and Robinson R S 1943J. Chem. Soc. 491Google Scholar
- McDonald E and Martin R T 1988Tetrahedron Lett. 4723Google Scholar
- Pelletier S W, Moody N V, Bhattacharyya J and Miles D 1978Tetrahedron Lett. 425Google Scholar
- Schulz A G and Shen M 1981Tetrahedron Lett. 1775Google Scholar