KeywordsMahalanobis Distance Multivariate Normal Distribution Sample Covariance Matrix Hellinger Distance Statistical Pattern Recognition
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S Das Gupta, The evolution of the D2-statistic of Mahalanobis,Sankhya, A55, 442–459, 1993.Google Scholar
- S Das Gupta, Mahalanobis distance, In P Armiage and T Colton (Eds),Encyclopedia of Biostatistics, Wiley, New York, 2369–2372, 1998.Google Scholar
- J K Ghosh and P P Majumdar, Mahalanobis, Prasanta Chandra, In P Armitage and T Colton(Eds),Encyclopedia of Biostatistics, Wiley, New York, 2372–2375, 1998.Google Scholar
- P C Mahalanobis, On tests and measures of group divergence,Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal, 26, 541–588, 1930.Google Scholar
- G J McLachlan,Discriminant Analysis and Statistical Pattern Recognition, New York, Wiley, 1992.Google Scholar
- C R Rao,Linear Statistical Inference and its Applications, Second Edition, Wiley, New York, 1973a.Google Scholar
Further suggested reading
- P C Mahalanobis, A statistical study of the Chinese head,Man in India, 8, 107–122, 1928.Google Scholar
- P C Mahalanobis, On the generalised distance in statistics,Proceedings of the National Institute of Sciences of India, 2, 49–55, 1936.Google Scholar
- P C Mahalanobis, Normalisation of statistical variates and the use of rectangular coordinates in the theory of sampling distributions,Sankhya, 3, 35–40, 1937.Google Scholar
- P C Mahalanobis, D N Majumdar and C R Rao, Anthropometric survey of the United Provinces, 1941: A statistical study,Sankhya, 9, 89–324, 1949.Google Scholar
© Indian Academy of Sciences 1999