Recurrence times and rates of mixing
- 506 Downloads
The setting of this paper consists of a map making “nice” returns to a reference set. Criteria for the existence of equilibria, speed of convergence to equilibria and for the central limit theorem are given in terms of the tail of the return time function. The abstract setting considered arises naturally in differentiable dynamical systems with some expanding or hyperbolic properties.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BY] M. Benedicks and L.-S. Young,Decay or correlations for certain Henon maps, to appear in Astérisque, in a volume in honor of Douady.Google Scholar
- [FL] A. Fisher and A. Lopes,Polynomial decay of correlation and the central limit theorem for the equilibrium state of a non-Hölder potential, preprint, 1997.Google Scholar
- [H] H. Hu,Decay of correlations for piecewise smooth maps with indifferent fixed points, preprint.Google Scholar
- [I] S. Isola,On the rate of convergence to equilibrium for countable ergodic Markov chains, preprint, 1997.Google Scholar
- [L2] C. Liverani,Central limit theorem for deterministic systems, International Conference on Dynamical Systems, Montevideo 1995 (F. Ledrappier, J. Lewowicz and S. Newhouse, eds.), Pitman Research Notes in Mathematics362 (1996), 56–75.Google Scholar
- [LSV] C. Liverani, B. Saussol and S. Vaienti,A probabilistic approach to intermittency, preprint.Google Scholar
- [M] R. Mañé,Ergodic Theory and Differentiable Dynamics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1983.Google Scholar
- [Po] M. Pollicott,Rates of mixing for potentials of summable variation, to appear in Transactions of the American Mathematical Society.Google Scholar