Finitely generated groups of polynomial subgroup growth
We determine the structure of finitely generated residually finite groups in which the number of subgroups of each finite indexn is bounded by a fixed power ofn.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [DDMS]J.D. Dixon, M.P.F. duSautoy, A. Mann and D. Segal,Analytic pro-p Groups, London Math. Soc. LNS 157, Cambridge University Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- [dS2]M.P.F. duSautoy,Applications of p-adic methods to group theory, inp-Adic Methods and Their Application (A. Baker and R. Plyman, eds.), Oxford University Press, 1992.Google Scholar
- [M1]A. Mann,Some applications of powerful p-groups, inGroups—St. Andrews 1989, Vol. 2, London Math. Soc. LNS 160, Cambridge University Press, 1991, pp. 370–385.Google Scholar
- [R]D.J.S. Robinson,Finiteness Conditions and Generalized Soluble Groups II, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1972.Google Scholar
- [S1]D. Segal,Subgroups of finite index in soluble groups I, inGroups—St. Andrews 1985, London Math. Soc. LNS 121, Cambridge University Press, 1986, pp. 307–314.Google Scholar
- [Sh]A. Shalev,Growth functions, p-adic analytic groups, and groups of finite coclass, J. London Math. Soc., to appear.Google Scholar