Moduli spaces of quadratic differentials
The cotangent bundle ofJ (g, n) is a union of complex analytic subvarieties, V(π), the level sets of the function “singularity pattern” of quadratic differentials. Each V(π) is endowed with a natural affine complex structure and volume element. The latter contracts to a real analytic volume element, Μπ, on the unit hypersurface, V1(π), for the Teichmüller metric. Μπ is invariant under the pure mapping class group, γ(g, n), and a certain class of functions is proved to be Lp(Μπ), 0 <p < 1, over the moduli space V1(π)/γ (g, n). In particular, Μπ(V1(π)/γ(g, n)) < ∞, a statement which generalizes a theorem by H. Masur.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [B83]L. Bers,Finite Dimensional Teichmüller spaces and generalizations, Proc. Symp. Pure Math.39 (1983), 115–156.Google Scholar
- [Bi74]J. S. Birman,Braids, Links, and Mapping Class Groups, Annals of Mathematics Studies, Number 82, Princeton University Press, Princeton, N.J., 1974.Google Scholar
- [FLP79]A. Fathi, F. Laudenbach, V. Poènaru,et al.,Travaux de Thurston sur les surfaces, Asterisque66–67 (1979).Google Scholar
- [M43]A. G. Maier,Trajectories on closed orientable surfaces, Math. Sb.12(54) (1943), 71–84 (Russian).Google Scholar
- [M84]H. Masur,Ergodic actions of the mapping class group, preprint.Google Scholar
- [Th76]W. Thurston,On the dynamics of diffeomorphisms of surfaces, preprint.Google Scholar
- [Th83]W. Thurston,The geometry and topology of 3-manifolds, preprint.Google Scholar
- [V84]W. A. Veech,Dynamical systems on analytic manifolds of quadratic differentials. I. F-strctures. II. Analytic manifolds of quadratic differentials, preprints, 1984.Google Scholar