Schwarz-Christoffel mapping of multiply connected domains
- 132 Downloads
A Schwarz-Christoffel mapping formula is established for polygonal domains of finite connectivitym≥2 thereby extending the results of Christoffel (1867) and Schwarz (1869) form=1 and Komatu (1945),m=2. A formula forf, the conformal map of the exterior ofm bounded disks to the exterior ofm bounded disjoint polygons, is derived. The derivation characterizes the global preSchwarzianf″ (z)/f′ (z) on the Riemann sphere in terms of its singularities on the sphere and its values on them boundary circles via the reflection principle and then identifies a singularity function with the same boundary behavior. The singularity function is constructed by a “method of images” infinite sequence of iterations of reflecting prevertex singularities from them boundary circles to the whole sphere.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Driscoll and L. N. Trefethen,Schwarz-Christoffel Mapping in the computer era, Proc. Int. Cong. Math., Geronimo GmbH, Rosenheim, Germany, 1998.Google Scholar
- T. Driscoll and L. N. Trefethen,Schwarz-Christoffel Mapping, Cambridge University Press, 2002.Google Scholar
- G. M. Goluzin,Geometric Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable, second edition, Nauka, Moscow, 1966; Engl. transl.: American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1969.Google Scholar
- P. Henrici,Applied and Computational Complex Analysis, Vol. 3, Wiley, New York, 1986.Google Scholar
- Y. Komatu,Topics from the classical theory of conformal mapping, inComplex Analysis, Banach Center Publications, Warsaw, 1983, pp. 165–183.Google Scholar
- A. I. Markushevich,Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable, Vol. 3, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1965.Google Scholar