Inequalities of John—Nirenberg type in doubling spaces
- 170 Downloads
The concept of an H-chain set in a doubling spaceX, which generalizes that of a Hölder domain in Euclidean space, is defined and investigated. We show that every H-chain set is mean porous and that its outer layer has measure bounded by a power of its thickness. As a consequence, we show that a John-Nirenberg type inequality holds on an open subset Ω ofX if, and often only if, Ω is an H-chain set.
KeywordsLength Space Doubling Condition Doubling Measure Exponential Integrability Uniform Domain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Bo] B. Bojarski,Remarks on Sobolev imbedding inequalities, Proc. of the conference on Complex Analysis, Joensuu 1987, Lecture Notes in Math.1351, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1989, pp. 52–68.Google Scholar
- [BKL2] S. M. Buckley, P. Koskela and G. Lu,Boman equals John, Proc. XVIth Rolf Nevanlinna Colloquium, de Gruyter, Berlin, 1996, pp. 91–99.Google Scholar
- [G2] Y. Gotoh,On domains with some growth conditions for quasihyperbolic metric, preprint.Google Scholar
- [HK] P. Hajłasz and P. Koskela,Sobolev met Poincaré, to appear in Mem. Amer. Math. Soc.Google Scholar
- [K] P. Koskela,Old and new on the quasihyperbolic metric, inQuasiconformal Mappings and Analysis (Ann Arbor, MI, 1995), Springer, New York, 1998, pp. 205–219.Google Scholar
- [RR] H. M. Reimann and T. Rychener,Funktionen beschränkter mittelerer Oszillation, Lecture Notes in Math.489, Springer, Berlin, 1975.Google Scholar
- [VSC] N. Th. Varopoulos, L. Saloff-Coste and T. Coulhon,Analysis and Geometry on Groups, Cambridge Tracts in Math. 100, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1992.Google Scholar