A rational surgery formula for the LMO invariant
- 88 Downloads
We write a formula for the LMO invariant of a rational homology sphere presented as a rational surgery on a link inS 3. Our main tool is a careful use of the Århus integral and the (now proven) “Wheels” and “Wheeling” conjectures of B-N, Garoufalidis, Rozansky and Thurston. As steps, side benefits and asides we give explicit formulas for the values of the Kontsevich integral on the Hopf link and on Hopf chains, and for the LMO invariant of lens spaces and Seifert fibered spaces. We find that the LMO invariant does not separate lens spaces, is far from separating general Seifert fibered spaces, but does separate Seifert fibered spaces which are integral homology spheres.
KeywordsLens Space Continue Fraction Expansion Rational Homology Univalent Vertex Link Relation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Kas]C. Kassel,Quantum Groups, GTM155, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1994.Google Scholar
- [Ko]M. Kontsevich,Deformation quantization of Poisson manifolds, Publications Mathématiques de l’Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques, preprint, September 1997, arXiv:q-alg/9709040.Google Scholar
- [Le]T. Q. T. Le,The Lê-Murakami-Ohtsuki invariant, SUNY at Buffalo preprint, June 1999.Google Scholar
- [Me]N. D. Mermin,Is the moon there when nobody looks? Reality and the quantum theory, Physics Today39 (1985), 38–47.Google Scholar
- [Mon]J. M. Montesinos,Classical Tessellations and Three-manifolds, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1985.Google Scholar
- [Th]D. P. Thurston,Wheeling: A Diagrammatic Analogue of the Duflo Isomorphism, Ph.D. thesis, University of California at Berkeley, May 2000, arXiv:math.QA/0006083.Google Scholar
- [Å-III]D. Bar-Natan, S. Garoufalidis, L. Rozansky and D. P. Thurston,The Århus integral of rational homology 3-spheres III: The relation with the Le-Murakami-Ohtsuki invariant, Selecta Mathematica, to appear, arXiv:math.QA/9808013.Google Scholar