MixingCrmaps of the interval without maximal measure
We construct aCrtransformation of the interval (or the torus) which is topologically mixing but has no invariant measure of maximal entropy. Whereas the assumption ofC∞ ensures existence of maximal measures for an interval map, it shows we cannot weaken the smoothness assumption. We also compute the local entropy of the example.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Buzzi,personal communication.Google Scholar
- B. M. Gurevič,Topological entropy of enumerable Markov chains, Soviet Mathematics Doklady10 (1969), 911–915.Google Scholar
- B. M. Gurevič,Shift entropy and Markov measures in the path space of a denumerable graph, Soviet Mathematics Doklady11 (1970), 744–747.Google Scholar
- K. Petersen,Ergodic Theory, Cambridge University Press, 1983.Google Scholar
- I. A. Salama,Topological entropy and classification of countable chains, PhD thesis, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1984.Google Scholar