Semismall perturbations in the martin theory for elliptic equations
- 114 Downloads
We investigate stability of Martin boundaries for positive solutions of elliptic partial differential equations. We define a perturbation which isGLD-semismall at infinity, show that Martin boundaries are stable under this perturbation, and give sufficient conditions for it.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Ag]S. Agmon,On positive solutions of elliptic equations with periodic coefficients in ℝn,spectral results and extensions to elliptic operators on Riemannian manifolds, Proceedings of an International Conference on Differential Equations (I. W. Knowles and R. T. Lewis, eds.), North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1984, pp. 7–17.Google Scholar
- [B3]R. Bañuelos,Lifetime and heat kernel estimates in non-smooth domains, inPartial Differential Equations with Minimal Smoothness and Applications (B. Dahlberg et al., eds.), Springer-Verlag, New York, 1992, pp. 37–48.Google Scholar
- [BD2]R. Bañuelos and B. Davis,A geometric characterization of intrinsic ultracontractivity for planar domains with boundaries given by the graphs of functions, Preprint, Purdue University, December 1991.Google Scholar
- [LP]V. Lin and Y. Pinchover,Manifolds with group actions and elliptic operators, Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society112 (1994), No. 540.Google Scholar
- [M4]M. Murata,Uniform restricted parabolic Harnack inequality, separation principle, and ultracontractivity for parabolic equations, inFunctional Analysis and Related Topics, 1991, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 1540 (H. Komatsu, ed.), Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1993, pp. 277–288.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- [Pi]R. G. Pinsky,Positive harmonic functions and diffusions, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1995.Google Scholar