Gibbs states on the symbolic space over an infinite alphabet
- 212 Downloads
We consider subshifts of finite type on the symbolic space generated by incidence matrices over a countably infinite alphabet. We extend the definition of topological pressure to this context and, as our main result, we construct a new class of Gibbs states of Hölder continuous potentials on these symbol spaces. We establish some basic stochastic properties of these Gibbs states: exponential decay of correlations, central limit theorem and an a.s. invariance principle. This is accomplished via detailed studies of the associated Perron-Frobenius operator and its conjugate operator.
KeywordsVariational Principle Incidence Matrix Iterate Function System Borel Probability Measure Gibbs State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Ar]J. Aaronson,An Introduction to Infinite Ergodic Theory, Mathematical Surveys and Monographs 50, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1997.Google Scholar
- [AD]J. Aaronson and M. Denker,Local limit theorems for Gibbs-Markov maps, Preprint, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Bo]R. Bowen,Equlibrium states and the ergodic theory of Anosov diffeomorphisms, Lecture Notes in Mathematics470, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1975.Google Scholar
- [Gu]B. M. Gurevich,Shift entropy and Markov measures in the path space of a denumerable graph, Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR192 (1970); English transl.: Soviet Mathematics Doklady11 (1970), 744–747.Google Scholar
- [HMU]P. Hanus, D. Mauldin and M. Urbański,Thermodynamic formalism and multifractal analysis of conformal infinite iterated function systems, Preprint, IHES, 1999.Google Scholar
- [HU]P. Hanus and M. Urbański,A new class of positive recurrent functions, Contemporary Mathematics246 (1999), 123–136.Google Scholar
- [PS]W. Philipp and W. Stout,Almost sure invariance principles for partial sums of weakly dependent random variables, Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society161 (2) (1975).Google Scholar
- [PU]F. Przytycki and M. Urbański,Fractals in the Plane—Ergodic Theory Methods, Cambridge University Press, to appear; available on Urbański’s webpage.Google Scholar
- [Ru]D. Ruelle,Thermodynamic formalism, Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications 5, Addison-Wesley, Mass., 1978.Google Scholar