It is proved that every Orlicz sequence space contains a subspace isomorphic to somel p . The question of uniqueness of symmetric bases in Orlicz sequence spaces is investigated.
KeywordsBanach Space ORLICZ Space Unconditional Basis Orlicz Function Unit Vector Basis
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. Gribanov,On the theory of l M spaces, Ucen. Zap. Kazansk. un-ta117, (1957), 62–65 (Russian).Google Scholar
- 2.M. A. Krasnoselskii and Ya. B. Rutickii,Convex Functions and Orlicz Spaces, Groningen (The Netherlands), 1961 (translated from Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.K. J. Lindberg,Contractive projections in Orlicz sequence spaces and continuous function spaces, Ph.D. thesis, University of California, Berkeley, 1970.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Pełczyński,On the isomorphism of the spaces m and M, Bull. Acad. Polon. Sci.6 (1958), 695–696.Google Scholar
- 8.I. Singer,Bases in Banach Spaces I, Springer Verlag, 1970.Google Scholar
© Hebrew Univeristy 1971