Local fracture of a composition containing an inclusion with hardening in the prefracture bands
- 22 Downloads
We obtain a closed analytic solution of the problem of development of local fracture in a composition containing a rigid inclusion in the form of a fiber. Under the action of the load, near the ends of the inclusion, we observe the development of plastic zones (prefracture bands). These zones are modeled by the discontinuities of tangential displacements on the matrix-inclusion boundary. In the prefracture bands, the material is elastoplastic with hardening. Outside these bands, the material is elastic. The dimensions of the bands are determined. By analogy with the well-known δ-model in the theory of cracks, we use a deformation criterion to find the ultimate load of exfoliation of the fiber.
KeywordsStress Intensity Factor Tangential Stress Ultimate Load Local Fracture Plasticity Limit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Shioiri and K. Inoue, “Micromechanics of interfacial failure in short fibre-reinforced composite materials,” in:Rep. of the Ist So- viet-Japanese Symp. on Composite Materials [in Russian], Moscow (1979), pp. 286–295.Google Scholar
- 2.L. V. Nikitin, A. N. Tumanov, “Analysis of local fracture in a composite,”Mekh. Kompozit. Mater., No. 4, 595–601 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.L. T. Berezhnitskii and N. M. Kundrat, “Local elastoplastic fracture of one class of composite materials,”Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater.,19, No. 5, 47–53(1983).Google Scholar
- 4.M. M. Kundrat, “Fracture near inclusion for a nonlinear distribution of stresses in the prefracture zones,”Fiz-Khim. Mekh. Mater.,34, No. 6, 32–38(1998).Google Scholar
- 5.N. I. Muskheshvili,Some Principal Problems of the Mathematical Theory of Elasticity [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.L. T. Berezhnitskii, M. V. Delyavskii, and V. V. Panasyuk,Bending of Thin Plates with Cracklike Defects [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.L. T. Berezhnitskii, V. V. Panasyuk, and N. G. Stashchuk,Interaction of Rigid Linear Inclusions with Cracks in Deformable Bodies [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.N. G. Stashchuk,Problems of Mechanics of Elastic Bodies with Cracklike Defects [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1993).Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Panasyuk,Limiting Equilibrium of Brittle Bodies with Cracks [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1968).Google Scholar