Convex unconditionality and summability of weakly null sequences
- 84 Downloads
It is proved that every normalized weakly null sequence has a subsequence which is convexly unconditional. Further, a hierarchy of summability methods is introduced and with this we give a complete classification of the complexity of weakly null sequences.
KeywordsBanach Space Finite Subset Inductive Assumption Spreading Model Summability Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [An-Od] G. Androulakis and E. Odell,Distorting mixed Tsirelson spaces, preprint.Google Scholar
- [A-O] D. Alspach and E. Odell,Averaging Weakly Null sequences, Lecture Notes in Mathematics1332, Springer, Berlin, 1988.Google Scholar
- [E] J. Elton, Thesis, Yale University.Google Scholar
- [M-N] S. Mercourakis and S. Negrepontis,Banach spaces and topology II, inRecent Progress in General Topology (M. Husek and J. Vaan Mill, eds.), Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1992.Google Scholar
- [O1] E. Odell,Applications of Ramsey theorems to Banach space theory, inNotes in Banach Spaces (H. E. Lacey, ed.), University of Texas Press, 1980, pp. 379–404.Google Scholar
- [O-TJ-W] E. Odell, N. Tomczak-Jaegermann and R. Wagner,Proximity to ℓ 1 and distortion in asymptotic ℓ 1 spaces preprint.Google Scholar
- [Sch] J. Schreier,Ein Gegenbeispiel zur Theorie der schwachen Konvergenz, Studia Mathematica2 (1930), 58–62.Google Scholar