Projections onto Hilbertian subspaces of Banach spaces
- 134 Downloads
In this paper we obtain new estimates for the relative projection constants of subspaces of a Banach spaceY in terms of geometrical properties ofY. Our method gives thatK-convex spaces are locally π-Euclidean. We also get a version of Maurey’s extension theorem for spaces of typep<2.
KeywordsNormed Space Orthogonal Projection Banach Lattice Finite Dimensional Subspace Hilbertian Subspace
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.H. König, J. R. Retherford and N. Tomczak-Jaegermann,On the eigenvalue of (p,2)-summing operators and constants associated to normed spaces, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Kwapień,On operators factorisable through L p -spaces, Bull. Math. Soc. France, Memoire31–32 (1972), 215–225.Google Scholar
- 6.D. R. Lewis,Ellipsoids defined by Banach ideal norm, Mathematika, to appear.Google Scholar
- 7.D. R. Lewis,The dimension of complemented Hilbertian subspaces of uniformly convex Banach lattices, to appear.Google Scholar
- 8.D. R. Lewis and N. Tomczak-Jaegermann,Hilbertian and complemented finite dimensional subspaces of Banach lattices and unitary ideals, J. Functional Analysis, to appear.Google Scholar