Molecular design based on polyribonucleotides fixed in the structure of liquid-crystalline dispersion and cross-linked via polymeric chelate bridges
A method of molecular design based on cross-linking of polyribonucleotide molecules with polymeric chelate bridges (anthracycline-Cu2+-…-Cu2+-anthracycline) was developed. The formation of polymeric chelate cross-bridges between neighboring polyribonucleotide molecules in the particles of liquid-crystalline dispersions was shown to require the formation of external complex (anthracycline-polyribonucleotide). The properties (shape, size, optical activity, etc.) of molecular constructions composed of different polyribonucleotides were studied and compared. Molecular constructions on the basis of polyribonucleotides could be used as sensing elements with adjustable properties in biosensor technology, nanobiotechnology, and molecular pharmacology.
Key wordspolyribonucleotides liquid-crystalline dispersions circular dichroism spectra chelate complexes polymeric chelate bridges molecular constructions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Yevdokimov, Yu.M., Salyanov, V.I., and Skuridin, S.G.,Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 1994, vol. 338, pp. 827–829.Google Scholar
- 6.Yevdokimov, Yu.M., Salyanov, V.I., Mchedlishvili, B.V., Bykov, V.A., Spener, F., and Palumbo, M.,Sensornye Sistemy, 1999, vol. 13, pp. 82–91.Google Scholar
- 8.Pyatigorskaya, T.L., Yevdokimov, Yu.M., and Varshavskii, Ya.M.,Mol. Biol., 1978, vol. 12, pp. 404–411.Google Scholar
- 9.Lortkipanidze, G.B., Yevdokimov, Yu.M., Dembo, A.T., and Varshavskii, Ya.M.,Mol. Biol., 1984, vol. 18, pp. 466–473.Google Scholar
- 14.Plumberg, T.W. and Brown, J.R.,Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1977, vol. 479, pp. 441–449.Google Scholar
- 15.Plumberg, T.W. and Brown, J.R.,Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1979, vol. 563, pp. 181–192.Google Scholar