Effect of magnetic field on the supercooling of water drops
- 267 Downloads
The effect of a static magnetic field on the solidification behavior (critical supercooling, latent period, etc.) of water drops under atmospheric conditions was studied by thermal analysis. The critical supercooling was found to decrease with increasing magnetic field. In fields stronger than 0.5 T, supercooling is negligible and equilibrium solidification takes place.
KeywordsStatic Magnetic Field Water Drop Solidification Behavior Hydroxy Ethyl Starch Equilibrium Solidification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Danilov, V.I.,Stroenie i kristallizatsiya zhidkostei (Structure and Crystallization of Liquids), Kiev: Akad. Nauk Ukr. SSR, 1956.Google Scholar
- 2.Hollomon, D.N. and Turnbull, L., Phase Transformations and Nucleation,Usp. Fiz. Met., 1956, part 1, pp. 304–367.Google Scholar
- 5.Butorin, G.T. and Skripov, V.P., Crystallization of Supercooled Water,Kristallografiya, 1972, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 379–384.Google Scholar
- 7.Kuleshov, I.V. and Gordeev, I.V., Low-temperature Calorimetric Study of Water Crystallization,Vestn. Most Univ., Ser. 2: Khim., 1983, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 410–414.Google Scholar
- 9.Petrenko, V.I. and Aleksandrov, V.D., Jumplike Equilibrium-Explosive Crystallization Transition in Bismuth Drops,Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 1983, vol. 9, no. 22, p. 1354.Google Scholar
- 10.Petrenko, V.I. and Aleksandrov, V.D., New Exoand Endothermic Events in Molten Tellurium Revealed by BTA,Rasplavy, 1988, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 29–35.Google Scholar
- 11.Aleksandrov, V.D., Effect of Thermal History on the Jumplike Equilibrium-Explosive Crystallization Transition in Molten Antimony,Neorg. Mater., 1992, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 709–714.Google Scholar
- 12.Aleksandrov, V.D. and Petrenko, V.I., Effect of Melt Overheating on the Difference in the Melting and Solidification Points of Proustite,Rasplavy, 1993, no. 3, pp. 85–88.Google Scholar
- 13.Aleksandrov, V.D., A Model for Homogeneous Nucleation of Particles with Imperfect Structure during Melt Solidification,Zh. Fiz. Khim., 1992, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 567–570.Google Scholar
- 14.Aleksandrov, V.D. and Kuraksina, O.V., Variation of the Gibbs Energy during Nucleation of Imperfect Particles in Supercooled Metals,Metallofiz. Noveishie Tekhnol., 1996, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 3–7.Google Scholar