Hamilton-Jacobi formulation for singular systems with second-order Lagrangians
- 67 Downloads
Recently, the Hamilton-Jacobi formulation for first-order constrained systems has been developed. In such formalism the equations of motion are written as total differential equations in many variables. We generalize the Hamilton-Jacobi formulation for singular systems with second-order Lagrangians and apply this new formulation to Podolsky electrodynamics, comparing with the results obtained through Dirac’s method.
PACS04.20.Fy Canonical formalism Lagrangians and variational principles
PACS11.10.Ef Lagrangian and Hamiltonian approach
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Sundermeyer K.,Lecture Notes Phys., Vol.169 (1982).Google Scholar
- Sudarshan E. C. G. andMukunda N.,Classical Dynamics: A Modem Perspective (John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, N.Y.) 1974.Google Scholar
- Dirac P. A. M.,Lectures on Quantum Mechanics (Belfer Graduate School of Science, Yeshiva University, New York, N.Y.) 1964.Google Scholar
- Ostrogradski M.,Mem. Acad. St. Petersbourg,1 (1850) 385.Google Scholar
- Gitman D. M. andTyutin I. V.,Quantization of Fields with Constraints (Springer-Verlag) 1990.Google Scholar