Photoelectrochemical investigation on spray depositedn-CdIn2S4 thin films
Polycrystalline thin films ofn-CdIn2S4 have been spray deposited onto amorphous and fluorinedoped tin oxide (FTO) coated glass substrates at the optimized substrate temperature of 380°C. The films were characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD) and optical absorption studies. XRD studies revealed that the films were polycrystalline with spinel cubic structure. The optical absorption studies showed the band gap energy to be 2·14 eV. Photoelectrochemical (PEC) investigations were carried out using cell configurationn-CdIn2S4/1 M NaOH+1 M Na2S+1 M S/C. Using Butler model, the optical band gap and minority carrier diffusion length (L P) were found to be 2·22 eV and 0·07 µm, respectively. Gartner’s model was used to calculate the minority carrier diffusion length and the donor concentration (N D) for CdIn2S4 films at three different wavelengths.N D was found to be of the order of 1016 cm−3.
KeywordsSpray pyrolysis thin films Cd chalcogenides PEC cells
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chandra S 1985Photoelectrochemical solar cells (New York: Gorden and Breach Science Publishers) vol. 5Google Scholar
- JCPDS diffraction data file no. 31-229Google Scholar
- JCPDS diffraction data file no. 27-60Google Scholar
- Pankov J I 1971Optical processes in semiconductors (ed.) N Holonyak Jr (NJ: Solid State Physical Electronic Series, Prentice Hall) p. 34Google Scholar
- Radauston S I, Molodyan I P, Syrdu N N, Fezievan V E and Shipitka M A 1972Phys. Status Solidi (b) 49 K175Google Scholar