Electrical resistivity and point contact studies on Al-Pd-Mn icosahedral quasicrystals
- 33 Downloads
We report measurement of the electrical resistivityρ(T) and point contact differential conductance (dI/dV) for icosahedral Al70Pd30 −x (x=7,9 and 11) at low temperatures. Below 10 K, forx=11,ρ(T) follows a logT dependence. All the three compositions show a sharp minimum in the differential conductance near zero bias. Magnitude of the dip in the point contact conductance increases as the Mn concentration increases. The dip near zero bias also follows a logV dependence forV < 30 mV.
KeywordsElectrical resistivities point contact studies Al-Pd-Mn
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alt’shuler B L and Aronov A G 1985 inElectron-electron interactions in disordered systems (eds) A L Efros and M Pollak (Amsterdam: North Holland) Vol.1 Google Scholar
- Banerjee S and Raychaudhuri A K 1994Phys. Rev. B50 8195Google Scholar
- Banerjee S, Goswami R, Chattopadhyay K and Raychaudhuri A K 1995Phys. Rev. B52 3220Google Scholar
- Chernikov M A, Bernasconi A, Belli C, Schilling A and Ott H R 1993Phys. Rev. B48 3058Google Scholar
- Cote P J and Meisel L V 1981 inGlassy metals I (eds) H J Guntherodt and H Beck (Berlin: Springer) p. 141Google Scholar
- Kimura K and Takeuchi S 1991 inQuasicrystals: the state of the art (eds) D P DiVincenzo and P Steinhardt (Singapore: World Scientific) p. 313Google Scholar
- Srikanth H and Raychaudhuri A K 1992Phys. Rev. B45 383Google Scholar
- Suhl H 1973Magnetism (eds) G T Rado and H Suhl (New York: Academic Press)Google Scholar