Marketing decision-making problems faced by small business retailers
- 176 Downloads
This paper reports an empirical study conducted with small business retailers. The general purpose of the study was to address the special problems small business retailers face in making marketing decisions. Specifically, the study measured small business managers' beliefs regarding the difficulty of making various marketing decisions. Additionally, the study measured the perceived importance of marketing decisions to small business retailing success. The study's findings provide a clear description of existing small business retailer problems and may also aid various organizations (e.g. trade associations, universities) and individuals (e.g. bankers, consultants) who attempt to assist small business retailers.
KeywordsSmall Business Decision Area Standard Industrial Classification Code Small Business Management Special Sales
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baranoff, Seymour 1964. “Retailing as an Operating System.”Theory in Marketing. Homewood, IL: Richard D. Irwin, Inc. (American Marketing Association) 154–162.Google Scholar
- Berman, Barry and Joel R. Evans 1983.Retailing Management: A Strategic, Approach. New York: Macmillan Publishing Co., Inc.Google Scholar
- Dun & Bradstreet, Business Economics Division 1981.The Business Failure Record. 13Google Scholar
- Franklin, Stephen G. and Goodwin, Jack S. 1983. “Problems of Small Business and Sources of Assistance: A Survey.”Journal of Small Business Management (April) 5–12.Google Scholar
- Lazer, William and Eugene J. Kelley 1961. “The Retailing Mix: Planning and Management.”Journal of Retailing (Spring) 34–41.Google Scholar
- Lusch, Robert F. 1982.Management of Retail Enterprises. Boston: Kent Publishing Company.Google Scholar
- Mason, Joseph B. and Morris L. Mayer 1981.Modern Retailing: Theory and Practice. Plano, Texas: Business Publication, Inc.Google Scholar
- Swanson, David H. 1981. “Who Advises the Manufacturer?”Journal of Small Business Management (January) 41–47.Google Scholar