Study of the Wolf-Rayet members of the cluster NGC 6231
Two Wolf-Rayet members of the cluster NGC 6231 are studied spectrophotometrically. HD 151932, a suspected variable, shows variations in the emission line flux as well as continuum magnitude measurements. An attempt is made to understand this variation as due to the asymmetric atmospheric structure. The other, HD 152270, a (WC7 + O) binary, shows variation of emission line flux for C III and C IV lines only. This variation is studied as a possible phenomenon of atmospheric eclipses.
Key wordsstars, emission-line stars, Wolf-Rayet open clusters, NGC 6231
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bappu, M. K. V. 1973, inIAU Symp. 49:Wolf-Rayet Stars and High Temperature Stars, Eds M. K. V. Bappu & J. Sahade, p. 59.Google Scholar
- Braes, L. L. E. 1967,Bull. astr. Inst. Neth. Suppl.,2, 21.Google Scholar
- Ganesh K. S. 1966,Ph.D. Thesis, Karnataka Univ.Google Scholar
- Ganesh, K. S., Bappu, M. K. V., Natarajan, V. 1967,Kodaikanal Obs. Bull Ser. A., No. 184.Google Scholar
- Lundstrom, I., Stenholm, B. 1980,Rep. Lund Observatory, No. 16.Google Scholar
- Schmidt, H., Seggewiss, W. 1976, inMultiple Periodic Variables Stars, Ed. W. S. Fitch, Akademia Kiado, Budapest, p. 311.Google Scholar
- Schumann, J. D., Seggewiss, W. 1975, inIAU Symp.67: Variable Stars and Stellar Evolution, Eds V. E. Sherwood & L. Plaut, D. Reidel, Dordrecht, p. 299.Google Scholar
- Shylaja B. S., Bappu M. K. V., 1983,Kodaikanal Obs. Bull.,3, 72.Google Scholar
- Vreux, J. M., Magain, P., Manfroid, J., Scuflaire, R. 1987,Astr. Astrophys.,180, LI7.Google Scholar