Photocurrent enhancement of d.c. sputtered copper oxide thin films
- 115 Downloads
Copper oxide (CuO) thin films with photocurrent as high as 25 μA/cm2 were deposited on conductive glass substrates using d.c. reactive sputtering. This was the highest reported photocurrent for sputteredp- type copper oxide measured in the electrolyte KI. The photocurrent drastically increased up to 25 (μA/cm2 as the sputtering pressure and the substrate temperature were increased up to 8.5 mbar and 192°C, respectively. All the synthesized films contained single phase of CuO in this range of pressure and substrate temperature. Variation of the photocurrent, photovoltage, structure and absorbance with deposition conditions were studied in detail.
KeywordsSputtering photocurrent photovoltage XRD pattern absorption spectra
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Armelao Lidia, Barreca Davide, Bertapelle Manuel, Bottaro Gregorio, Sada Cinzia and Tondello Eugenio 2003Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. (Mater. Res. Soc.)Vol. 737 Google Scholar
- Catana Andrei, Locquet Jean-Pierre, Paik Sun M and Schuller Ivan K 1992Phys. Rev. B46 15477Google Scholar
- Chowdhuri Arijit, Gupta Vinay and Sreenivas K 2003Rev. Adv. Mater. Sci. 4 75Google Scholar
- Liu Jinhuai, Huang Xingjiu, Ye Gang, Liu Wei, Jiao Zheng, Chao Wanglian, Zhou Zhongbai and Yu Zengliang 2003Sen-sors 2 110Google Scholar
- Samarasekara P and Cadieu F J 2001aChinese J. Phys. 39 635Google Scholar
- Samarasekara P, Nisantha A G K and Disanayake A S 2002Chinese J. Phys. 40 196Google Scholar