A strategic approach for preparation of oxide nanomaterials
- 206 Downloads
A microwave assisted solvothermal method is described for rapid preparation of nano-oxides. This method is based on exploiting differential dielectric constants to induce preferred heating and decomposition of the oxide precursors in the presence of suitable capping agents. This strategic approach has been used to prepare nanopowders of MgO, NiO, ZnO, Al2O3, Fe2O3 and ZrO2.
KeywordsMicrowave synthesis nanomaterials oxide powders
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Edelstein A S and Cammarata R C 1998Nanomaterials: Synthesis, properties and application (Washington DC: Naval Research Laboratory)Google Scholar
- Esaki Leo 1999Nanostructured Mater. 121Google Scholar
- Komarneni S 2003Curr. Sci. 85 30Google Scholar
- Panneerselvam M 2002Microwave synthesis and consolidation of advanced ceramics and ceramic composites, PhD thesis, Indian Institute of Science, BangaloreGoogle Scholar
- Rao K J, Vaidhyanathan B, Ganguli M and Ramakrishnan P A 1998Chem. Mater. 882 11Google Scholar
- Sankaranarayanan V K and Sreekumar C 2003Appl. Phys. 3 205Google Scholar
- Savchuk A I, Paranchych S, Yu, Kurganetski M V, Stolyarchuk I D, Tanasyuk Yu, Perrone V A and DeGiorgi M L 2003Mater. Sci. Eng. C23 259Google Scholar