Optical absorption and electron spin resonance studies of Cu2+ in Li2O-Na2O-B2O3-As2O3 glasses
- 61 Downloads
The local structure around Cu2+ ion has been examined by means of electron spin resonance and optical absorption measurements in xLi2O-(40-x)Na2O-50B2O3-10As2O3 glasses. The site symmetry around Cu2+ ions is tetragonally distorted octahedral. The ground state of Cu2+ isdx2−y2.The glass exhibited broad absorption band near infrared region and small absorption band around 548 nm, which was assigned to the2B1g →2Egtransition.
KeywordsGlass transition temperature ESR optical absorption bonding parameters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bates T 1962 inModern aspects of the vitreous state (ed.) J D Mackenzie (London: Butterworths)Vol. 2, p. 195Google Scholar
- Bleaney B, Bowers K D and Pryce M H L 1955Proc. R. Soc. A228 147Google Scholar
- Chand I, Seth V P, Prakash D and Gupta S K 1999Phys. Chem. Glasses 40 153Google Scholar
- Chandrasekhar A V, Ravikumar R V S S N, Reddy B J, Reddy Y P and Rao P S 2002Glass Technol. 43 32Google Scholar
- France P W, Carter S F and Parker J M 1986Phys. Chem. Glasses 27 32Google Scholar
- Fu J and Yatsuda H 1995Phys. Chem. Glasses 36 211Google Scholar
- Klonkowski A, Frischat G H and Ritchter T 1983Phys. Chem. Glasses 24 47Google Scholar
- Ohishi Y, Mitachi S, Kanamori T and Manabe T 1983Phys. Chem. Glasses 24 135Google Scholar
- Suresh Babu D, Ramana M V, Sathyanarayan S G and Sastry G S 1990Phys. Chem. Glasses 31 80Google Scholar