We establish a new algorithm that generates a new solution to the Einstein field equations, with an anisotropic matter distribution, from a seed isotropic solution. The new solution is expressed in terms of integrals of an isotropic gravitational potential; and the integration can be completed exactly for particular isotropic seed metrics. A good feature of our approach is that the anisotropic solutions necessarily have an isotropic limit. We find two examples of anisotropic solutions which generalise the isothermal sphere and the Schwarzschild interior sphere. Both examples are expressed in closed form involving elementary functions only.
KeywordsExact solutions anisotropic spheres superdense matter
PACS Nos04.20.Jb 04.40.Dg 97.60.Jd
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M R Finch and J F E Skea, Preprint available on the web: http://edradour.symbcomp.uerj.br/pubs.html (1998)Google Scholar
- B V Ivanov,Phys. Rev. D65, 10411 (2002)Google Scholar
- P Boonserm, M Visser and S Weinfurtner, arXiv:gr-qc/0503007 (2005)Google Scholar
- M Chaisi and S D Maharaj,Pramana-J. Phys. to appear (2006)Google Scholar
- W C Saslaw,Gravitational physics of stellar and galactic systems (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2003)Google Scholar
- S Wolfram,Mathematica (Wolfram, Redwood City, 2003)Google Scholar