Influence of nickel addition on magnetic and electro-mechanical behaviour of permalloys
- 41 Downloads
Magnetic and electro-mechanical investigations have been carried out in two Ni-Fe permalloys under hydrogen atmosphere by varying annealing temperature. These alloys have been characterized for various magnetic parameters like peak permeability, coercivity and core loss under changed annealing profile conditions. The magnetic properties of Ni-rich (Ni ∼ 82%) alloy at 100 Hz were found to be better than the low Ni (Ni ∼47%) alloy. The alloys were tested for watch movement and found that the battery life of the watch movement improved by 38% using Ni-rich permalloy.
KeywordsNi-rich alloy low Ni alloy annealing temperature magnetic properties electro-mechanical behaviour
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Akomolafe T and Johnson G W 1989J. Appl. Phys. 24 349Google Scholar
- ASM Handbook of Metallography and Microstructures 1995 (Materials Park, Ohio: ASM International)9 p. 538Google Scholar
- Bozorth R M 1951Ferromagnetism (New York: D. Van Nostrand Company Inc) 14Google Scholar
- Dietrich D W 1990Magnetically soft materials, properties and selection: Nonferrous alloys and special purpose materials ASM Handbook (Materials Park, Ohio: ASM International)2 p. 761Google Scholar
- Gupta Kiran, Sinha S K and Raina K K 2005aProc. nat. conf. on advances in condensed matter physics (Patiala: TIET) p. 11Google Scholar
- Gupta Kiran, Sinha S K and Raina K K 2005bProc. nat. conf. on materials for electrical, electronic and magnetic applications: Characterization and measurements (Hyderabad: DMRL) p. 6B.5Google Scholar
- Gupta Kiran, Raina K K and Sinha S K 2005cInd. J. Eng. & Mater. Sci. 12 577Google Scholar
- Krupp V D M 2000 Magnifer 7904, Data Sheet No. 9004Google Scholar
- Sankyo Standards, Japan 1998Special Quality Manual 4Google Scholar
- Thyssenkrupp gnV D M 2002 Magnifer 50, Data Sheet No. 9002Google Scholar
- Walker Scientific Inc, USA 1997Instruction Manual, automatic hysteresis graph, AMH-401 Google Scholar