Aeroelastic stability of a wing with bracing struts (Keldysh problem)
- 48 Downloads
The problem of the influence of bracing struts of two types on the aeroelastic stability of a wing is studied. The formulation of the problem follows that considered by M. V. Keldysh . The behavior of the eigenvalues is studied in the complex plane and the stability, flutter, and divergence domains are constructed.
KeywordsCritical Velocity Coordinate Function Double Point Divergence Domain Unstable Mode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. V. Keldysh, "Vibrations of a wing with bracing struts in an air flow,"Tr. TsAGI, No. 357 (1938). See also in the book: M. V. Keldysh,Mechanics. Selected Works [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1985), p. 304.Google Scholar
- 2.E. P. Grossman, "Flutter,"Tr. TsAGI, No. 284 (1937).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. C. Fung,An Introduction to the Theory of Aeroelasticity, Wiley, New York, Chapman and Hall, London (1955).Google Scholar
- 4.S. G. Mikhlin,Variational Methods in Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.I. M. Gel’fand,Lectures on Linear Algebra [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.E. P. Grossman, S. S. Krichevskii, and A. A. Borin, "Problem of the loss of stability by a wing structure in flight,"Tr. TsAGI, No. 202 (1935).Google Scholar
- 7.A. P. Seyranian and P. Pedersen, "On interaction of eigenvalue branches in non-conservative, multi-parameter problems," in:Dynamics and Vibration of Time-Varying Structures: Conf. on Mech. Vibrat. and Noise, ASME, N. Y. (1993), p. 19.Google Scholar
- 8.A. P. Seiranyan, "Eigenvalue collisions in linear vibrational systems,"Prikl. Mat. Mekh.,58, No. 5, 49 (1994).Google Scholar
- 9.V. I. Arnol’d,Additional Chapters of the Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar