Aeroelastic stability of a wing with bracing struts (Keldysh problem)
The problem of the influence of bracing struts of two types on the aeroelastic stability of a wing is studied. The formulation of the problem follows that considered by M. V. Keldysh . The behavior of the eigenvalues is studied in the complex plane and the stability, flutter, and divergence domains are constructed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. V. Keldysh, "Vibrations of a wing with bracing struts in an air flow,"Tr. TsAGI, No. 357 (1938). See also in the book: M. V. Keldysh,Mechanics. Selected Works [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1985), p. 304.Google Scholar
- 2.E. P. Grossman, "Flutter,"Tr. TsAGI, No. 284 (1937).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. C. Fung,An Introduction to the Theory of Aeroelasticity, Wiley, New York, Chapman and Hall, London (1955).Google Scholar
- 4.S. G. Mikhlin,Variational Methods in Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.I. M. Gel’fand,Lectures on Linear Algebra [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.E. P. Grossman, S. S. Krichevskii, and A. A. Borin, "Problem of the loss of stability by a wing structure in flight,"Tr. TsAGI, No. 202 (1935).Google Scholar
- 7.A. P. Seyranian and P. Pedersen, "On interaction of eigenvalue branches in non-conservative, multi-parameter problems," in:Dynamics and Vibration of Time-Varying Structures: Conf. on Mech. Vibrat. and Noise, ASME, N. Y. (1993), p. 19.Google Scholar
- 8.A. P. Seiranyan, "Eigenvalue collisions in linear vibrational systems,"Prikl. Mat. Mekh.,58, No. 5, 49 (1994).Google Scholar
- 9.V. I. Arnol’d,Additional Chapters of the Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar