Alkylation of toluene with methanol over heteropoly acid/Y-zeolite catalysts
- 63 Downloads
Alkylation of toluene with methanol has been studied in a fixed bed reactor with a continuous flow system. As a promoter, heteropoly acids and their metal salts were impregnated on Y-zeolite. Catalyst impregnated with lower amount of heteropoly acid showed higher initial activity, and the catalytic activity was enhanced by more electronegative metal ion of heteropoly acid salt impregnated on Y-zeolite, Catalyst calcined at lower temperature showed higher initial activity, but its deactivation rate was faster than that calcined at higher temperature. Catalyst impregnated with BiPMo12O40 showed a good activity and a good regeneration ability of catalytic activity.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kirk, R. E. and Othmer, D. F.: “Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology,” 3rd ed., Vol. 22, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, NY (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.035-01 : “ 035-02”, 035-03 035-04, 035-05(1982).Google Scholar
- 9.Kwak, J. W. and Lee, H. -[.:J. KIChE,22, 173 (1984).Google Scholar
- 14.Kim, J. J. : Ph. D. Dissertation.S. N.U., Seoul, Korea (1981).Google Scholar
- 15.Rocchiccioli-Deltcheff, C, Thouvenut, R. and Frank, R.:Spectrochimica Acta,32A, 587 (1976).Google Scholar
- 16.Lee, W.Y.-.J. KIChE,17, 317 (1979).Google Scholar
- 18.Breck, D. W.: “Zeolite Molecular Sieves,” John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, NY (1973).Google Scholar
- 20.Niiyama, H., Saito, Y. and Echigoya, E. : Proc. 7th Int. Congr. Catalysis, Tokyo, 1980, reprint C13.Google Scholar