Rheotechnological properties of mixed suspensions in the SiO2 - Al2O3 system and some properties of materials based on them. 1. Molten quartz – Alumina system
- 15 Downloads
The rheotechnological properties of mixed suspensions in the SiO2 - Al2O3 system obtained by the method of mixing of individual suspensions of molten quartz and alumina are described. Some properties of the materials after their heat treatment at 1000 – 1300°C are investigated. The ranges of compositions (30 – 40% Al2O3, 60 – 70% SiO2) in which the parameters of thermal expansion of the materials are 2 – 3 times lower than those calculated under the condition of additivity are determined. The obtained materials possess an elevated mechanical strength.
KeywordsMilling Shear Rate Fuse Quartz A1203 System Highly Concentrate Ceramic Binding Suspension
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. N. Poluboyarinov, V. L. Balkevich, and R. Ya. Popil’skii,High-Alumina Ceramic and Refractory Materials (in Russian), Gosstroiizdat, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.N. V. Pitak, “Kinetic and temperature dependences of the variation of polyfunctional properties of refractories of the Al2O3 - SiO2 system under the effect of gas media, thermocycling, and additives,”Ogneup. Tekh. Keram., No. 8, 7 – 15 (1998).Google Scholar
- 3.K. K. Strelov and I. D. Kashcheev,Theoretical Foundations of the Technology of Refractory Materials (in Russian), Metallurgiya, Moscow (1996).Google Scholar
- 4.W. Schulle,Feuerfeste Werkstoffe, Verlag für Grundstoffindustrie, Leipzig (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. E. Pivinskii,New Refractory Concretes (in Russian), BelGTASM, Belgorod (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. E. Pivinskii,Ceramic Binders and Ceramic Castables (in Russian), Metallurgiya, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. E. Pivinskii and A. I. Natsenko, “Rheological and technological properties of mixed suspensions based on refractory components,”Ogneupory, No. 11, 49 – 55 (1974).Google Scholar