The UNESCO book production statistics
UNESCO’SStatistical Yearbook annually provides figures for the production of books in English, French, German, Spanish, and Russian. A detailed analysis of these data show that the lack of responses to questionnaires is the primary contributor to gaps in the statistics. If nonresponding countries had provided the requested information, the statistics would have shown increasing production of books in these languages. The 1987 questionnaire is reproduced in the Appendix.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Curwin, Peter. 1986.The World Book Industry. London: Euromonitor.Google Scholar
- UNESCO, 1970–88.Statistical Yearbook. Paris:UNESCO.Google Scholar
- UNESCO, 1982a.An International Survey of Book Production during the Last Decades. Paris:UNESCO.Google Scholar
- UNESCO, 1982b.World Congress on Books, June 1982, London. Paris:UNESCO.Google Scholar
- UNESCO, 1985.Revised Recommendation Concerning the International Standardization of Statistics on the Production and Distribution of Books, Newspapers and Periodicals. Paris:UNESCO.Google Scholar