Reviews, Tables, And Plots Mathematical Tools or Statistics, Monte Carlo, Group Theory
- 145 Downloads
KeywordsUnbiased Estimator Nuisance Parameter Physical Region Physical Boundary Exact Coverage
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A. Stuart and A. K. Ord,Kendall's Advanced Theory of Statistics, Vol. 2Classical Inference and Relationship 5th Ed., (Oxford Univ. Press, 1991), and earlier editions by Kendall and Stuart. The likelihood-ratio ordering principle is described at the beginning of Ch. 23. Chapter 31 compares different schools of statistical inference.Google Scholar
- 5.Workshop on Confidence Limits, CERN, 17–18 Jan. 2000, www.cern.ch/CERN/Divisions/EP/Events/CLW/. See also the later Fermilab workshop linked to the CERN web page.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Cramer,Mathematical Methods of Statistics, Princeton Univ. Press, New Jersey (1958).Google Scholar
- 7.B.P. Roe,Probability and Statistics in Experimental Physics, (Springer-Verlag, New York, 208 pp., 1992).Google Scholar
- 8.G. Cowan,Statistical Data Analysis (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1998).Google Scholar
- 9.W.H. Presset al., Numerical Recipes (Cambridge University Press, New York, 1986).Google Scholar
- 10.F. James and M. Roos, “MINUIT, Function Minimization and Error Analysis,” CERN D506 (Long Writeup). Available from the CERN Program Library Office, CERN-IT Division, CERN, CH-1211, Geneva 21, Switzerland.Google Scholar
- 13.G.J. Feldman and R.D. Cousins, Phys. Rev.D57, 3873 (1998). This paper does not specify what to do if the ordering principle gives equal rank to some values ofx. Eq. 23.6 of Ref. 3 gives the rule: all such points are included in the acceptance region (the domainD(∈)). Some authors have assumed the contrary, and shown that one can then obtain null intervals..ADSGoogle Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 2000