Infinite groups with Abelian centralizers of involutions
- 54 Downloads
The article contains two characterizations of projective linear groups PGL2(P) over a locally finite field P of characteristic 2: the first is defined in terms of permutation groups, and the second, in terms of a structure of involution centralizers. One of the two is used to prove the existence of infinite groups which are recognizable by the set of their element orders.
KeywordsFinite Group Finite Field Multiplicative Group Element Order Transitive Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.M. Suzuki, “On a class of doubly transitive groups,”Ann. Math., II. Ser.,75, No. 1, 105–145 (1962).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Suzuki, “On a class of doubly transitive groups, II”Ann. Math., II. Ser.,80, No. 1, 58–77 (1964).Google Scholar
- 10.D. Gorenstein,Finite Groups, Chelsea, New York (1980).Google Scholar
- 12.The Kourovka Notebook, Institute of Mathematics SO RAN, Novosibirsk (1999).Google Scholar
- 13.A. I. Sozutov and N. M. Suchkov, “On some doubly transitive groups,” Preprint, Inst. Comp. Math. SB RAS, Krasnoyarsk (1998).Google Scholar