Thermodynamic properties of praseodymium silicides in the temperature range 298.15-2257 K
- 36 Downloads
For the first time the enthalpy of four praseodymium silicides (Pr5Si3, Pr5Si4, PrSi, and PrSi1.8) is measured by the drop calorimeter method in the temperature range from 316 to 2257 K. The temperatures, enthalpies, and entropies of fusion and polymorphic transformation of PrSi1.8 are determined. The temperature dependences of the thermodynamic functions of the silicides are calculated and recommended for practical use.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. V. Samsonov, L. A. Dvorina, and B. M. Rud', Silicides [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Eremenko, K. A. Meleshevich, and Yu. M. Buyanov, “Phase diagram of the praseodymium—silicon system,” Izv. Vyssh. Uchebnykh. Zaved., Tsvet. Metall., No. 3, 82–87 (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.T. Ya. Kosolapova (ed.), Properties, Production, and Application of Refractory Compounds: A Handbook [in Russian], Metallurigua, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Kriklya, “Thermodynamic properties of the sulfides of rare-earth metals of the cerium subgroup,” Author's Abstract of Candidate's Dissertation [in Russian], Kiev (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.A. S. Bolgar, A. G. Turchanin, and V. V. Fesenko, Thermodynamic Properties of Carbides [in Russian], Nauk. Dumka, Kiev (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.V. F. Litvinenko, A. S. Bolgar, V. B. Muratov, et al., “Processing experimental data on enthalpy with allowance for supplementary conditions, Dep. VINITI No. 6300 V, Materials Science Institute, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kiev (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.A. S. Bolgar, N. P. Gorbachuk, A. V. Blinder, and I. V. Moiseev, “Heat capacity of Pr5Si3 and Pr5Si4 at low temperatures,” Zh. Fiz. Khim.,68, No. 12, 2124–2127 (1994).Google Scholar
- 8.A. S. Bolgar, N. P. Gorbachuk, A. V. Blinder, et al., “Heat capacity of praseodymium and gadolinium disilicides at low temperatures,” in: Modern Problems of Materials Science [in Russian], Materials Science Institute, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kiev (1993), pp. 37–46.Google Scholar
- 9.A. S. Bolgar, N. P. Gorbachuk, A. V. Blinder, “Thermodynamic characteristics of lanthanum silicides at high temperatures,” Poroshk. Metall., Nos. 3/4, 48–53 (1994).Google Scholar