Poly(2-methoxy-5-(2′-ethyl-hexyloxy)-1,4-phenylene vinylene)(MEH-PPV)/Nitrogen containing derivatives of fullerene composites: Optical characterization and application in flexible polymer solar cells
- 63 Downloads
New soluble organofullerenes were synthesised by the reaction of organic amines and azides with the fullerene. The comparative investigations of the IR- and optical absorption spectra of blends MEH-PPV/fullerene derivative in solutions and in films showed no ground-state interaction between the components. Photoluminescence (PL) experiments, and photocurrent-voltage measurements were performed on model photovoltaic (PV) cells. We found that PL of MEH-PPV is completely quenched by a small admixture of fullerene derivative which assumes a high efficiency of charge separation in the composite material. The photocurrent in the PV device containing fullerene derivative is two orders of magnitude higher than that in pure MEH-PPV. An attempt to observe the magnetic field spin effect (MFSE) on the photocurrent in MEH-PPV/fullerene composites was made.
PACS numbers33.20 Kf 34.70.+e
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sariciftci N. S.,Materials Today, September 36–40, (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.Belov M.Yu., Yakushchenko I.K., Kaplunov M.G., Efimov O.N., Nikolaeva G.V, Pivovarov A.P., Skvortsov A.G., Voronina V.A.,Russian Patent 2186821,RF 22 (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.Romanova I.P., Kalinin I.P., Yakhvarov D.G., Nafikova A.A., Kovalenko V.I., Pleckhanov P.V., Rusinov G.L., Sinyashin O.G.,Mendeleev Commun., 51–52 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.Sinyashin O.G., Romanova I.P., Yusupova G.G., Naficova A.A., Kovalenko V.I., Azancheev N.M., Yanilkin V.V., Budnikova Yu.G.,Mendeleev Commun., 61–63 (2000).Google Scholar
- 12.M.M. Tribel, S.V. Batalov, E.L. Frankevich, A. Angerhofer, J. Frick, J.U. von Schutz, H.C. Wolf,Zeitschrift fur Physikalische Chemie Bd.,180, 209–221 (1993).Google Scholar
- 14.Wudl F. In: Fullerenes. Synthesis, Properties and Chemistry of Large Carbon Clusters. ACS symposium series 481. Am. Chem. Soc., Washington, 160–175 (1992).Google Scholar