Poly(2-methoxy-5-(2′-ethyl-hexyloxy)-1,4-phenylene vinylene)(MEH-PPV)/Nitrogen containing derivatives of fullerene composites: Optical characterization and application in flexible polymer solar cells
New soluble organofullerenes were synthesised by the reaction of organic amines and azides with the fullerene. The comparative investigations of the IR- and optical absorption spectra of blends MEH-PPV/fullerene derivative in solutions and in films showed no ground-state interaction between the components. Photoluminescence (PL) experiments, and photocurrent-voltage measurements were performed on model photovoltaic (PV) cells. We found that PL of MEH-PPV is completely quenched by a small admixture of fullerene derivative which assumes a high efficiency of charge separation in the composite material. The photocurrent in the PV device containing fullerene derivative is two orders of magnitude higher than that in pure MEH-PPV. An attempt to observe the magnetic field spin effect (MFSE) on the photocurrent in MEH-PPV/fullerene composites was made.
PACS numbers33.20 Kf 34.70.+e
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sariciftci N. S.,Materials Today, September 36–40, (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.Belov M.Yu., Yakushchenko I.K., Kaplunov M.G., Efimov O.N., Nikolaeva G.V, Pivovarov A.P., Skvortsov A.G., Voronina V.A.,Russian Patent 2186821,RF 22 (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.Romanova I.P., Kalinin I.P., Yakhvarov D.G., Nafikova A.A., Kovalenko V.I., Pleckhanov P.V., Rusinov G.L., Sinyashin O.G.,Mendeleev Commun., 51–52 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.Sinyashin O.G., Romanova I.P., Yusupova G.G., Naficova A.A., Kovalenko V.I., Azancheev N.M., Yanilkin V.V., Budnikova Yu.G.,Mendeleev Commun., 61–63 (2000).Google Scholar
- 12.M.M. Tribel, S.V. Batalov, E.L. Frankevich, A. Angerhofer, J. Frick, J.U. von Schutz, H.C. Wolf,Zeitschrift fur Physikalische Chemie Bd.,180, 209–221 (1993).Google Scholar
- 14.Wudl F. In: Fullerenes. Synthesis, Properties and Chemistry of Large Carbon Clusters. ACS symposium series 481. Am. Chem. Soc., Washington, 160–175 (1992).Google Scholar