A 300 GHz quasioptical schottky frequency doubler
- 57 Downloads
A monolithically integrated frequency multiplier based on a planar antenna providing impedance matching has been realized and measured at 300 GHz. Each of the two circuits comprises a Schottky varactor, slot antenna, MIM-capacitor and microstrip bias feed. The theoretical design aspects, the technological approach and the RF performance are addressed.
KeywordsPolyimide Pump Power Schottky Diode Radiation Efficiency Slot Antenna
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Steup, A. Simon, M. Shaalan, A. Grüb, C.I. Lin, "A Quasioptical Doubler-Array," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 17, No. 5, May 1996.Google Scholar
- M. Shaalanet al., "An Antenna Array for Quasi-optical Frequency Multiplier Applications,"Proc. 20th ESTEC Antenna Workshop, ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 18–20 June 1997.Google Scholar
- M. Shaalan, A. Simon, and A. Grüb, "Recent developments of selected gallium arsenide based submillimetre-wave applications," Recent Res. Devel. in Microwave Theory & Techn., 1 (1996), Research Signpost, Trivandrum, India, pp. 29–39.Google Scholar
- M. Shaalan, M. Bozzi, P. Arcioni, L. Perregrini, G. Conciauro, and H.L. Hartnagel, "Design of Planar Antenna Array for Quasi-optical Frequency Triplers," to be published in the fifth International Workshop on Terahertz Electronics, IRAM, Grenoble, 18–19 September 1997.Google Scholar
- M. Kiesow, "Entwurf von Submillimeterwellen Schaltungen," Diplomarbeit D 1853, 1996, Darmstadt University of Technology.Google Scholar
- A. Berkenkamp, "Theoretische Untersuchung von Antennen und Filtern im Submillimterwellen-Bereich," Diplomarbeit D 1859, 1996, Darmstadt Unversity of Technology.Google Scholar
- D. Rutledgeet al., "Integrated-Circuit Antennas,"Infrared and Millimeter-Waves, vol. 10, K. J. Button ed., New York: Academic Press, 1983, pp. 1–90.Google Scholar
- D. Steup, J. Weinzierl, "Resonant THz-Meshes,"Proc. 4th Int. Workshop on Terahertz Electronics, 5–6 September 1996, Erlangen.Google Scholar
- M. Shaalan et al. "A 300 GHz Quasioptical Schottky Frequency Doubler,"Digest of the 22nd International Conference on Infrared and Milimeter Waves, Wintergreen Resort, Virginia, USA, 1997.Google Scholar
- B. Diéval, "Analysis of quasioptical submillimetre-wave monolithic integrated frequency doublers," Studienarbeit St 1876, 1997, Darmstadt University of Technology.Google Scholar