In this paper we improve known bounds on the Rao function for non-extremal curves, as well extending these results to nonzero characteristic. These improved bounds are shown to be sharp, and the curves which yield sharpness are classified. Schlesinger’s notion of the spectrum of a curve is introduced and used to streamline proofs.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hartshorne, R.: Algebraic Geometry (Graduate Texts in Mathematics 52) Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg and New York, 1977Google Scholar
- Liebling, R.: Classification of Space Curves using Initial Ideals (U.C. Berkeley PhD thesis) 1996Google Scholar
- Martin-Deschamps, M. and Perrin, D.: Sur la Classification des Courbes Gauches (Astérisque 184–185) 1990Google Scholar
- Nollet, S. The Hilbert Schemes of Degree Three Curves, to appear, Ann. Sci. Éc. Norm. Sup.Google Scholar
- Schlesinger, E.: The Spectrum of Projective Curves (U.C. Berkeley PhD thesis) 1996Google Scholar