Multiplicities and relative position of eigenvalues of a quadratic pencil of Sturm-Liouville operators
- 73 Downloads
For boundary value problems generated by a second-order differential equation with regular nonseparated boundary conditions, criteria for the eigenvalues to be multiple are given and the relative position of the eigenvalues is studied.
Key wordsoperator pencil eigenvalue multiplicity Sturm-Liouville operator nonlocal boundary condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. Sh. Guseinov, “On the spectral analysis of a quadratic pencil of Sturm-Liouville operators,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR [Soviet Math. Dokl.],285, No. 6, 1292–1296 (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Sh. Guseinov, “The spectrum and eigenfunction expansions for a quadratic pencil of Sturm-Liouville operators with periodic coefficients,” in:Spectral Theory of Operators and Its Applications [in Russian], Vol. 6., Baku (1985), pp. 56–97.Google Scholar
- 8.O. A. Plaksina, “Inverse spectral analysis problems for the Sturm-Liouville operator with nonseparated boundary conditions,”Mat. Sb. [Math. USSR-Sb.],131 (173), No. 1, 3–26 (1986).Google Scholar
- 9.I. M. Guseinov and I. M. Nabiev, “On a class of inverse boundary value problems for Sturm-Liouville operators,”Differentsial’nye Uravneniya [Differential Equations],25, No. 7, 1114–1120 (1989).Google Scholar
- 10.I. M. Guseinov and I. M. Nabiev, “The inverse problem for a Sturm-Liouville operator with nonseparated boundary conditions,”Izv. Akad. Nauk Azerb. SSR. Ser. Fiz.-Tekhn. i Matem. Nauk,8, No. 2, 22–29 (1987).Google Scholar
- 11.M. G. Gasymov, I. M. Guseinov, and I. M. Nabiev, “The inverse problem for a Sturm-Liouville operator with nonseparated self-adjoint boundary conditions,”Sibirsk. Mat. Zh. [Siberian Math. J.],31, No. 6, 46–54 (1990).Google Scholar
- 12.I. M. Guseinov and I. M. Nabiev, “The solution of a class of inverse Sturm-Liouville boundary value problems,”Mat. Sb. [Russian Acad. Sci. Sb. Math.],186, No. 5, 35–48 (1995).Google Scholar